Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Stills: Something with Wings

Okay...so the swallows at the barn are far too fast to capture on camera, and I didn't think the bumblebees visiting the shrubs across the street would show up.

Anyway, this bird has been perching on my desk lamp for many years. I can't recall its origins, but it likely relates to my decades of employment at ODFW.

This is one of my first efforts with my new Canon camera. I'm still trying to figure out how to turn on the dang thing, so no fancy stuff yet.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha! Almost thought the bird was real for a second and thinking...wow, she's got fast camera hands! :) Thanks for stopping by my place! I have been terrible lately at visiting blogs...just been so dang busy. Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Michelle

Jessica said...

Those barn swallows ARE fast little buggers! I tried to get some pics the other night...wasn't workin' for me. Oh well! Fun you got a new camera! It's always fun to play around and learn about them. And the great thing about digital...you don't waste money on bad pics! Just hit delete! I do plenty of that!