Sunday, February 1, 2009

Books of 2008

I started keeping lists of the books I read in 1965. Back then I was reading for class and recreation, so I listed only those books that I read for fun. The following are the books I read in 2008. Most were recreational, a few were for research.

"Thursday Next, First Among Sequels" - Jasper Fforde
"Sorcery & Cecelia, or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot" - Patricia C. Wrede & Caroline Stevermer
"The Grand Tour" - Patricia C. Wrede & Caroline Stevermer
"Dead Heat" - Dick Francis & Felix Francis
"The Secret" - Rhonda Byrne
"The Pillars of the Earth" - Ken Follett
"The Other Boleyn Girl" - Philippa Gregory
"A Place of Execution" - Val McDermid
"Interred With Their Bones" - Jennifer Lee Carrell
"The Footprints of God" - Greg Iles
"Murphy's Law" - Rhys Bowen
"Death of Riley" - Rhys Bowen
"The Purrfect Murder" - Rita Mae Brown & Sneaky Pie Brown
"No Time for Goodbye" - Linwood Barclay
"Inkspell" - Cornelia Funke
"If Looks Could Kill" - Kate White
"Spook" - Mary Roach
"Careless in Red" - Elizabeth George
"Brideshead Revisited" - Evelyn Waugh
"Cold Comfort Farm" - Stella Gibbons
"Her Royal Spyness" - Rhys Bowen
"A Royal Pain" - Rhys Bowen
"The Feng Shui Detective" - Nury Vittachi
"The Last Templar" - Raymond Khoury
"Critical" - Robin Cook
"Outliers" - Malcolm Gladwell

I'm definitely going for escapism. I prefer fiction to nonfiction. I'm reading YA fantasy because that's my writing genre. I try to avoid reading books that are similar to what I'm writing so I won't be unconsciously influenced.

No comments: