Monday, February 18, 2008

Teaser

We just had one of the nicest weekends in months. Dry -- with temperatures near or at 60 degrees. LIke many others, I worked outside to "mutilate" the shrubbery at the back of the house. Today I skipped the barn to continue working on the cuttings to transfer the pile into garbage bags. I can ride in the covered arena if it rains, but I can't (won't) work in the yard when it rains.

So I hope Phantom enjoyed an additional day of recess. I'm sure the horses were snoozing in the warmth of the sun.

A preview of things to come. Mother Nature teases us every so often during our gray, wet winters with a day or two of gorgeous weather. A reminder of why we put up with the rain.

I've been too long away from my book and struggling to get back into it. I'm on the first draft of "Water Tribute" (working title) and just trying to get it all down on paper. I created a stack of notecards with scene ideas to get me through the muddle in the middle. So far it's working. Some folks don't like the limitations of an outline, they claim it stifles creativity. Others go to the other extreme and have outlines nearly as detailed as the first draft. I'm finding that, if I know what I want to occur at critical points of the story, a sketchy outline helps keep me going.

No comments: