Thursday, February 14, 2008

Introduction

I'm new to the blogosphere but thought I'd give it a try so I can communicate with friends and folks with similar interests.

I was born and raised in Portland, Oregon, not far from the neighborhood where my father grew up. In fact, we both graduated from Jefferson High School 30 years apart. I've lived in various suburbs of the Portland Metro area and currently live south of Portland in the I-5 corridor.

I currently have a 13-year-old purebred Egyptian Arabian gelding (Phantom) and a male Sheltie (Indy) not quite 1-1/2 years old. I ride Phantom dressage, and Indy takes me on twice daily walks.

I have a BA in English from one of Oregon's small liberal arts colleges and, like most English majors, I love to read and write. I'm focusing on young adult fantasy fiction. Fantasy light, actually -- no dragons in my stories.

I'll fill in more details as I go.

Today I saw "Fool's Gold" and enjoyed it. Been on a bit of a movie run after months of not visiting the local multi-plex. Saw "Juno" a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Then saw "27 Dresses." Not of the same caliber as "Juno," but still fun. Thank goodness I long ago got rid of all my bridesmaid dresses!

I'll try to upload a picture or two if I can figure out the secret. There is a bit of a color theme in my life: my horse is gray, my dog is blue merle, and my hair is salt and pepper. Hmmm. But all three of us have brilliant personalities! :-)

Tomorrow is a barn day and looking forward to another day of dry weather.

1 comment:

allhorsestuff said...

My first horse love was an dapple grey Egyptian Arabian named Cody. He'd be 29 right now if I had him...I tried to buy him after training him. The owner wanted more money than I could come up with. I do always miss him.