Monday, March 28, 2011

Sketches

Here are some of the sketches from the blue sketch pad that appeared in my Sunday Stills contribution.

This Norwegian fjord horse was drawn from a calendar photo, as are many of my drawings:


This classic turnout was taken from a photo of the Royal Windsor horse show:

This sketch was done as a gift from the owner's husband. Both were pleased with the result which, in turn, pleased me.

This is one of my favorites, drawn from the cover of the Dover Saddlery catalogue.

5 comments:

Achieve1dream said...

Oh wow! Your sketches are amazing. I'm so envious of your talent. :D

Thank you so much for your encouraging comment about my husband's disability. I appreciate it. It is getting frustrating and exhausting but we'll keep fighting for it because he can't work in his condition. Thank you.

Chelsie said...

Wonderful drawings! Makes me want to break out my sketch pad and charcoal again, which I haven't been able to do in quite a while.

Rising Rainbow said...

Very cool! I think I remember the Dover catalog shot. It was very sweet and you did a great job capturing it.

Anonymous said...

These are all terrific. I love to draw horses, mainly the heads, as well. :)

Janice Grinyer said...

So many creative sides you have - and all wonderful!