Thursday, June 24, 2010

:-P Raspberries to Hewlett Packard

I have a five-year-old HP 825c Deskjet printer. Works great. I've never had a problem with it other than the price of ink cartridges.

Imagine my surprise when it suddenly stopped printing images from the Internet and some documents. One day it was fine, the next day I got a blank piece of paper despite all the printer sound effects.

What the heck?!

As best I can find from my research, HP is no longer providing software support for the Deskjet 825c for Mac OS X 10.6 operating systems.

My Mac is OS X 10.5.8 -- but apparently that's close enough for HP. Thus, my perfectly workable printer no longer prints jpeg images.

Suffice it to say, when I get angry enough to replace my "working fine" printer, it will be a brand other than HP. (Yeah, like HP is quaking in its boots.)

I was raised by parents who grew up during the Depression. I am not a member of the Techie Generation (see my posting about being Vintage). I tend to use my stuff until it breaks or performs so poorly that I have to replace it. Thus, it galls me that high tech corporations are trying to shove unnecessary hardware purchases down my throat. Grrr!


No comments: